- Power Scheduling
- New Operations: Power Scheduling Feature. Set weekly schedules for shutdown and startup times for Instances and VM’s, apply Power Schedules to Instances pre or post-provisioning, apply Power Schedule policies on Group or Clouds, or use Guidance to automatically recommend and apply optimized Power Schedules.
- Currency Conversions
- Pricing is now converted to the currency set on a Tenant with nightly currency conversions for pricing using exchange rates.
- Datastore Group Permissions
- Set which Groups can access a Datastore in the Datastore’s Group Access settings.
- HP OneView Summary tab
- Summary tab added to HP OneView Cloud Detail pages displaying Type, Name, Slot, Model, Serial Number, and Status of Chassis Blades
- Network Groups - Round Robin per Instance support
- Instance Networks now selected via round robin when using a Network Group, including multiple networks on the same VM, or multiple VMs in the same instance.
- Legacy App Template Conversion
- App Templates from earlier Morpheus builds are converted to support v3.0+ App Template features.
- New Cloud Types
- vCloud Director and IBM Bluemix Platform Cloud Types added (beta).
- Azure Multi-network Support added
- VMware async provisioning
- 32-bit Morpheus Agent
- Ubuntu 16.04 added for SoftLayer, DigitalOcean, and Bluemix Morpheus Instance Types
- API and CLI updates: Image Builder, Apps, Templates, Archives, –yaml support added.
- Fix for java args in Apps Deployments
- New App & Template wizard
- Completely rebuilt Provisioning -> Apps and Templates sections with multi-config, raw json and yaml input/output, locking fields and boot order added.
- New Analytics
- Completely rebuilt Analytics section with Cost, Utilization, Instance and Instance Type analytic reports and data visualizations. Quickly analyze storage, cpu or ram usage across clouds or teams, or compare utilization vs cost per resource.
- The new Guidance feature can analyze your infrastructure and recommend actions to optimize resource utilization with projected cost savings. Morpheus can then act on those recommendations by resizing, shutting down or moving the resources to ensure money isn’t being wasted on underutilized assets.
- Image Builder Service
- Automate your image builds directly in Morpheus. Configure your builds, add scripts and run to generate vmdk ovf, qcow2, vhd templates from iso’s. *Requires VMware cloud with Hypervisor Console enabled.
- Expanded User Settings
- Users can now set default Group and Cloud Preferences, Linux and Windows User settings, add User Photos.
- User Groups
- User Groups can be created and then selected during provisioning to add each group members credentials to the Instance.
- Inventory and provision to existing Kubernetes clusters, or provision new Kubernetes clusters.
- Expanded Reports
- Provisioning, Infrastructure, and Tenant Inventory Reports Added to Operations -> Reports. JSON and CSV Exports added.
- Container Mode
- Container Mode option added to Cloud settings, can be set to Default Docker, Swarm or Kubernetes. Determines the type of Docker Host that will be provisioned into the Cloud. *Mode must be set before the first Docker Host is provisioned into a Cloud.
- Cloud Foundry
- IBM Bluemix
- HP OneView
- Support added for guest execution on VMware Windows Templates with renamed Administrator user.
- USER CONFIG and DNS OPTIONS sections section added to Provisioning Wizard.
- Disable Agent Based Firewall Management option added to Cloud Settings.
- COST THIS MONTH and AVG MONTHLY COST data added to Cloud Detail pages.
- Service Plans scoping added to Resource Pools and Folders.
- EBS ENCRYPTION option added to Cloud settings
- API & CLI Updates
- Multiple other additions and Improvements.
v2.12.3 release date 10/24/2017
- 32-bit Agent Support
- Morpheus Agent now supports 32-bit images
- Cypher User Permission
- New Roles Permission CYPHER -> USER allows user level decrypt permissions.
- Improved VMware vCenter Session Management.
- Connections pools significantly reduce vCenter API sessions from Morpheus.
- Other Improvements
- Parallel Instance Delete Improvements
- Provisioning Status Task Improvements
- Tenant Delete Improvements
- Security Improvements
- Fix for VMware Datastore selection not populating during provisioning in certain circumstances
- Fix for System AMI Virtual Image region sync
- Approval and Workflow inputs restored on shutdown policy form.
Morpheus v2.12.3 is available in the Downloads section of `morpheushub.com<https://morpheushub.com/>`_.
v2.12.2 release date 10/9/2017
Morpheus v2.12.2 adds the ServiceNow CMDB Integration, improvements to existing Features and Integrations, and bug fixes and enhancements.
- ServiceNow CMDB Integration: The Morpheus ServiceNow CMDB integration creates a CMDB record upon Instance provision, updates the CMDB state when an instance is removed, and syncs changed Instance states nightly.
- Additional ServiceNow Plugin Improvements
- “Disable Management of Firewall by Agent” option added to Cloud settings.
- Editing existing Environment Variables support added for Windows
- VMware Folder support added to apps and templates
- Nutanix Unmanaged Network Static IP support added
- Script Variables added for Volumes: id:
vol.id, name: vol.name, deviceName: vol.deviceName, maxStorage: vol.maxStorage, unitNumber: vol.unitNumber,displayOrder: vol.displayOrder, rootVolume: vol.rootVolume
- vmxnet3 set as default VMware Network Adapter type.
- Chef bootstrap process output added to Instance History
- Improved Tenant Deletion
- Improved VMware Folder and Resource Pool sync
- Mobile layout improvements
- Local Chef install url for windows msi added.
- Email layout improvements for broader email client support.
- Chef Integration now determines when FQDN should not be added.
- Improved Provisioning error outputs
- Improvements to User scoped permissions for monitoring, logs and backups.
- Fix for Bulk Network Edit
- Fix for DHCP flag being reset on Nutanix networks upon cloud sync.
- Fix for Agent timestamp handling
- Fix for Dashboard 500 error when user Role Permissions = Monitoring : User
- Fix for Netscaler SSL cert upload
- Fix for server stop/start when inventoried server is converted to managed and Instance Type is applied.
- Additional character handling in Automation Scripts
- Fix for Remove Shutdown Instance Action hanging
- Fix for Instance History purge
- Various other bug fixes and improvements
Morpheus v2.12.2 is available in the Downloads section of `morpheushub.com<https://morpheushub.com/>`_.
Morpheus v2.12.1 adds Console Copy & Paste, VMware Folders, expanded User Scoping Permissions, Nutanix additions, Infoblox additions, and many other Improvements and Fixes.
- Console Copy & Paste
- Copy button added to copy selected text to local Clipboard.
- Paste field added to paste text from local Clipboard. Right click in console to then paste to target.
- Additional User Scoping
- Role permissions can now be set to User for Monitoring, Backup, and Logs sections.
- Users will only see information related to their Instances in the corresponding sections, as well as on the Dashboard, when Role permission is set to User
- VMware Folders now sync and can be targeted for VM and Image destinations, set to active/inactive, and assigned Tenant permissions.
- Storage Type can now be set to Thick or Thin in VMware Cloud settings.
- Boot from ISO support added. ISO’s can now be selected to boot from for VMware provisioning, and can fully be installed using the Hypervisor Console.
- Eject Disk Action also added for VMware technology Instance Types.
- Instances can now be converted to Images in Nutanix using the Import as Image Action. A Virtual Image record with matching meta-data will also be automatically created.
- Disk and Network type selection added to Nutanix technology Instance Types.
- Network Interface Type Selection can be enabled in Nutanix Cloud settings.
- Display Name column added to IP Pools to better identify IP Pools synced from Nutanix.
- Network Filter field added to Infoblox settings. Allows for filtering by field, exact match or regular expression, as well as searching on extended attributes. EX: [ network_view=default&*Building=work ]
- Tenant Match Attribute field added to Infoblox settings. Allow for auto-assignment of IP pool Groups and individual IP Pools to a tenant.
Other Additions and Improvements¶
- Trial Version flag added under Virtual Images -> Edit Virtual Image -> Advanced Options. Flagging a Windows Image as Trial Version will re-arm the trial during provisioning.
- F5 Load Balancer improvements
- HA Proxy Load Balancer improvements
- Citrix Load Balancer improvements
- Chef improvements
- Provisioning: Allow Force Delete
- UI/API/CLI Security Improvements
- Process Service Improvements
- Add Node Action will now only show compatible clouds as target options.
- Windows 2012 R2 AMI System Image improvements.
- Redis System Images improvements.
- New Role Permission: Provisioning: Allow Force Delete
- Fix for browser language settings adding commas in Plans & Pricing -> Pricing.
- Fix for Hyper-V and Openstack technology types in Library -> Node Type -> Image dropdown.
- Fix for File Upload in Virtual Images and Archives when using NFSv3 Storage Provider target.
- Fixes for synced Image Record duplication.
- Fix for extra Sub-Tenant Groups automatically being created during Sub-Tenant creation.
- Fix for Nutanix - Windows- Create Additional user.
- Fix for respecting Xen Custom Cores value.
- Fix fir CentOS 6 agent install when using multiple LVM based volumes.
- Fix for Infrastructure -> Network -> Services -> Add Service -> Consul modal.
- Fix for Morpheus Wordpress Images: Load Balancer - no port available.
- Fix for Dual name fields in Networks -> Services -> add Microsoft DNS
2.12.0 Release Notes¶
Contains everything from 2.11.4 release, plus:
- Azure Custom Image Support: Morpheus users can now upload private images into Morpheus , and then provision those onto an Azure cloud.
- User Provisioning Notifications: Provisioning e-mail notifications are configurable in user settings.
- Fix for removing Clouds from Groups
- Fix for Puppet agent install for Tasks and Group/Cloud integrations
- Fix for Nutanix backup and restore when using custom library items
- Additional Openstack ssl support
- Network IP Override
- Networks can now be configured to allow overriding IP configuration and selecting between DHCP, Static IP entry, or IP Pools at provision time.
- Windows License Management
- Windows license can now be assigned to virtual images a applied during provisioning. License can be managed in the new Licenses section under Admin - Provisioning.
- Salt Windows Support
- Salt Minions can now be installed on Windows Operating Systems via the Automation Engine. The source repo can also be customized and the minions can be successfully registered to both syndic master layouts as well as standard master layouts
- Xen Reconfigure
- Memory, Cores, Disk Size, Disks, and Networks can now be reconfigure on Xen instances and Hosts.
- Debian 8 OS Support
- Support for Debian 8 and 9 added to Agent. Debian 8.8 vmdk added to Morpheus Catalog.
- Cloud Sync Update
- 90%+ reduction in VMware cloud sync time. Last Sync date and Sync Duration added to cloud detail pages.
- Agent time normalization
- Logging and stats data is now converted to appliance time in the cases VM time is offset.
- Added support for querying ESXi hosts for Virtual Switch UUID::
- vCenter user used for VMware cloud integration no longer requires propagating datacenter permissions for provisioning.
- Hostname routing added for Amazon ALB’s
- Allows multiple hosts to share the same port
- Shutdown renewals
- Shutdown policy extension lease timeframe now begins at the time of extension approval for instances already shut down by the policy, rather than from the end of the previous lease.
- Source column added to Virtual Images list page
- Tenants columns added to Networks list view
- Cloud Status column added to Cloud list view
- Improvements to host cpu, power and memory statistics.
- SEK currency support added
- Asynchronous cloud delete added
- Fix for agent install and stop/start in inventoried AWS instances that are converted to Managed.
- Fix for Openstack disabled forced SSL validation
- Fix for Nutanix image sync issue with region codes
- Scaling improvements
- Windows agent install improvements
- Fix for editing Appliance Backup settings
- Fix for Role Permissions: Apps = User
- Fix for Max Storage policy enforcement
- Fix for uploaded OVA’s Virtual Image type
- Linux ssh console aspect ratio change in 2.11.3 reverted
- Network Groups improvements
- Security Improvements
v2.11.3 & 2.10.8¶
ACCOUNTS has been renamed to TENANTS in v2.11.3
- Task phase execution
- Set phase and execution order for tasks in Workflows. Workflow detail pages added. Drag n’ drop reordering added to scripts in node types. Restart task type added.
- Load Balancer improvements
- New Balance mode, sticky mode, shared VIP address options, Load Balancer Detail Pages
- ServiceNow Plugin
- Add Morpheus clouds and Instance types for complete provisioning within Service now
- Archives Service
- Archives provides a way to store your files and make them available for download by your Scripts and Users.
- Network Groups
- Network Groups provide round robin network pooling capabilities when provisioning instances. These are most useful when scaling multiple vms across various subnets or availability zones.
- Groups Access added to Networks
- Networks can now be assigned to individual Groups and set as the default choice for a group.
- Featured Instance Types
- Instance types in the Library can now be flagged as Featured to be added to the new Featured Instance Types filter in the Provisioning wizard. Please note once at least one Instance Type is featured, the provisioning wizard will default to the Featured filter. Simply click the All Instance Types filter to see your entire catalog.
- Group Lifecycle Policies
- Now apply to instances that are converted from unmanaged to managed
- New Reports section
- Completely rebuilt reports section. Customizable capacity and usage reports with versioning.
- Cost Tracking
- Instance and host cost reporting available via UI and API. Prices added to instance and host detail pages.
- Refreshed Instances Section
- Instance list makeover with new charts, cloud, group and health info added.
- Instance Locking
- Instances can now be locked to prevent deletion.
- Move Instances
- Instances can now be moved between groups by editing the instance and selecting the group dropdown to assign the instance to a new group.
- “User” Provisioning permission added to Roles
- Allows permitting a user to only see their own instances.
- “Remote Console Auto-Login” permission added to Roles
- Please note NLA must be disabled in Windows RPD settings if auto-login is set to “no”. This permission does not apply when using VMware hypervisor console option.
- New storage Provider types
- NFSv3 and CIFS (Windows Samba File Sharing) added
- Expanded variable support
- Custom variables can now be used in Naming policies, including variables from options types.
- Process output added to instance history
- See process output per action in new Instance History detail modal.
- Instance notes section
- Add custom notes to instances, with markdown support.
- Expanded Inventorying
- Inventory Existing Instance option added to Softlayer and VMware fusion cloud types
- Salt, Ansible and Chef improvements
- Includes Ansible and Salt integration detail pages.
- Integration detail page
- Detail pages added for all integration with added functionality per integration.
- Timezone option added to cloud settings
- Users can now specify which timezone to set during guest customization.
- Force guest customization added
- Flag added for vmdk Virtual Images configuration (Advanced Settings- Force Guest Customization)
- Enable Settings Flag on library items configuration
- This setting exposes the Settings tab for appropriate instance types in the Instance Detail page.
- Deployment option added to Provisioning wizard
- IBMid support added to Softlayer*
- Windows 2012 AMI option added to default Windows Instance Type*
- Starting, stopping phases added to Instance status
- Manage Network Interfaces from Instance and Host detail pages
- Advanced Options- Status selection for Instances
- White Label mobile formatting improvements
- Source Image info and link added to Instance and Host detail pages
- Restart task type added (restarts target)
- API Allowed Origins support added
- Accounts renamed to tenants
- Multi-select added for tenant network assignment*
- Inventory Level setting added for Azure clouds with Basic and Full (API Heavy)
- Xen NFS, Multi-network support added
- KVM Multi-Network support added, Multi-network driver
- ESXi Multi-Network support added
2.11.3 and 2.10.8 Fixes¶
- Fixed issue with deleted Tenants stuck in removing due to Openstack cloud security groups not flushing
- Fixed Nutanix- Virtual Image duplication and cleanup
- Fixed Nutanix images not available in Node Type image dropdown
- Fixed Hostname field in Apps and Templates not applying to Windows instances.
- Fixed fields Apps Wizard Layout section not saving when custom Service Plan was selected.
- Fix for Chef bootstrap on Windows instances in Azure
- Instance list layout fixes.
- Xen Image sync fix
- Fix for instance list for sub-accounts
- Fix for Bluecat network query
- Dashboard- Recent Activity now only shows activity from Groups the user has access to
- User permission fixes
- Stopping an Azure instance now deallocates it in Azure
- Fix for Group user permission when Clouds permission is set to “none”
- Digital Ocean Naming Fixes
- Fix for duplicate price entries on public cloud price sync