- IAM Service Account with Owner or Compute Admin Role permissions
- project_id, private_key and client_email for the Service Account
- Compute Engine API enabled in GCP API’s and Services
Add a Google Cloud¶
All of the required Goole Cloud credentials can be found in the .json file created when generating a key for a Google Cloud service account.
Navigate to Infrastructure -> Clouds
Select + CREATE CLOUD, select Google Cloud, and then click Next.
Enter the following into the Create Cloud modal:
Name of the Cloud in Morpheus
Description field for adding notes on the cloud, such as location.
For setting cloud permissions in a multi-tenant environment. Not applicable in single tenant environments.
- Project ID
Google Cloud Project ID
- Private Key
Service Account Private key, beginning with —–BEGIN PRIVATE KEY—–` and ending with `—–END PRIVATE KEY—–
- Client Email
Service Account Client Email. ex: email@example.com
Regions will auto-populate upon successful authentication with the above credentials. Select appropriate region for this Cloud.
- Inventory Existing Instances
If enabled, existing Google Instances will be inventoried and appear as unmanaged Virtual Machines in Morpheus .
Morpheus scopes clouds to single regions. Multiple clouds can be added for multi-region support, and then optionally added to the same group.
The Cloud can now be added to a Group or configured with additional Advanced options.
- Specify a default domain for instances provisioned to this Cloud.
- SCALE PRIORITY
- Specifies the priority with which an instance will scale into the cloud. A lower priority number means this cloud integration will take scale precedence over other cloud integrations in the group.
- APPLIANCE URL
- Alternate Appliance url for scenarios when the default Appliance URL (configured in admin -> settings) is not reachable or resolvable for Instances provisioned in this cloud. The Appliance URL is used for Agent install and reporting.
- TIME ZONE
- Configures the time zone on provisioned VM’s if necessary.
- DATACENTER ID
- Used for differentiating pricing among multiple datacenters. Leave blank unless prices are properly configured.
- NETWORK MODE
- Unmanaged or Managed
- SECURITY MODE
- Defines if Morpheus will control local firewall of provisioned servers and hosts.
- STORAGE MODE
- Single Disk, LVM or Clustered
- Enable Guidance recommendations on cloud resources.
- DNS INTEGRATION
- Records for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected DNS integration.
- SERVICE REGISTRY
- Services for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected Service Registry integration.
- CONFIG MANAGEMENT
- Select a Chef, Salt, Ansible or Puppet integration to be used with this Cloud.
- Select CMDB Integraiton to automatically update selected CMDB.
- AGENT INSTALL MODE
- SSH / WINRM: Morpheus will use SSH or WINRM for Agent install.
- Cloud-Init (when available): Morpheus will utilize Cloud-Init or Cloudbase-Init for agent install when provisioning images with Cloud-Init/Cloudbase-Init installed. Morpheus will fall back on SSH or WINRM if cloud-init is not installed on the provisioned image.
- API PROXY
- Required when a Proxy Server blocks communication between the Morpheus Appliance and the Cloud. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- Required when a Proxy Server blocks communication between an Instance and the Morpheus Appliance. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- Bypass Proxy for Appliance URL
- Enable to bypass proxy settings (if added) for Instance Agent communication to the Appliance URL.
- USER DATA (LINUX)
- Add cloud-init user data or scripts. Assumes bash syntax.
Finally, add Google Cloud to an existing Group or create a new Group, and you have now integrated Morpheus with Google Cloud!