Morpheus integrates with Bluecat IPAM to scope pools to networks for Static IP assignment from Infoblox to your Morpheus instances.
Adding Bluecat to Morpheus¶
Infrastructure > Network > Services
Click + ADD
Enter in the following information
Name of the Bluecat Integration in Morpheus
Uncheck to disable sync with the Bluecat endpoint
URL of the Bluecat server, ex:
Username of Bluecat API User. API and root level propagating read access required, read/write access required for target Networks and Domains.
Bluecat User password
- Network Filter
Optionally enter the id of a config, block or network, or comma separated combination of configs, blocks and/or networks.
Click SAVE CHANGES
The Bluecat Integration will be saved, IP pools will sync in and populate under
Infrastructure > Network > IP Pools, and Domain will populate in
Infrastructure > Network > Domains. Pools and Domains can also be found in the Bluecat Integration details page, which can be accessed by clicking on the name of the added Bluecat Integration in
Infrastructure > Network > Services.
Quick Deployments must be enabled in Bluecat for Morpheus to create instantly available DNS records when using Bluecat DNS.
Adding IP Pools to Networks¶
Morpheus can automatically assign the next available Bluecat IP in an IP/Network Pool and create the corresponding DNS records, as well as remove the records upon teardown. To enable this, add an Bluecat IP/Network Pool to the Network Pool section on a Network(s).
- Navigate to
Infrastructure - Network- Networks
- Select a Network name and EDIT, or select ACTIONS - Edit
- In the NETWORK POOL section, search for and select the name of the IP/Network Pool.
- Gateway, DNS and CIDR must be populated for static/pool IP assignment
- Select Allow IP Override to allow selecting between DHCP, Static entry and Pool Selection at provision time
- Deselect DHCP server if a DHCP server will not be used on the network (only static and/or IP Pool IP assignment)
- Select SAVE CHANGES