The Operations -> Guidance section show recommendations for Resource and Costs Utilization optimization. By analyzing the CPU, RAM, and Storage activity of Instances and Hosts, Morpheus can recommend actions for Sizing and Power State.
Guidance is configured per Cloud and is set to off by default.
To turn on Guidance for a Cloud:
- Navigate to Infrastructure -> Clouds.
- Select the Edit icon of the Cloud to configure Guidance for.
- Expand the Advanced Options section in the Edit Cloud modal.
- In the Guidance dropdown, select Manual.
- Select Save Changes.
Guidance recommendations will begin to appear in the guidance section when generated.
To view and act on Guidance recommendations, navigate to Operations -> Guidance.
The Guidance list contains the following details:
- Severity Icon
- Indicates the severity of the recommended action.
- Recommended action Type
- Guidance Metric used for recommended action.
- Recommended Action for the Instance or Host, such as “Reduce Host memory” or “Shutdown Instance”
- The Instance or Host targeted
- Shows projected Monthly Costs savings if recommended action is taken.
- Date and Time stamp the recommended action was generated.
- Information Link
- Click to view details on the recommendation.
Guidance Actions are not automatically triggered at this time.
- Search for Guidance recommendations
- Filter by Sizing or Shutdown Guidance Types.
- Filter by Guidance Severity of All, Info, Warning, or Critical.
- Filter by All, Memory, CPU, or Power Guidance Metrics.