Morpheus allows users to integrate an Okta deployment for user management and authentication. In Morpheus, identity sources are added on a per-Tenant basis and Morpheus allows you to map Okta user groups to Morpheus user groups. User accounts are automatically created with matching metadata and role permissions when users are authenticated.
Adding an Okta Integration¶
- Navigate to
Administration -> Tenants
- Select a Tenant
- Select IDENTITY SOURCES
- Select + IDENTITY SOURCE
- Choose TYPE: “Okta”
- Populate the following, then select SAVE CHANGES:
- Unique name for authentication type
- A description for your new Okta Identity Source
- Okta URL
- Your Okta URL
- Administrator API Token
- Your Okta Administrator API Token
- Required Group
- The Okta group that users must be in to have access (optional)
- Default Role
- The default role a user is assigned if no group is listed under an Okta user that maps within the Morpheus Role Mappings section
Now, allowed Okta users can log into Morpheus via their Okta credentials and a user will be automatically generated within Morpheus with matching metadata and mapped Role permissions.
If you’ve created multi-tenant roles, these will also appear here and can be mapped to Okta user groups allowing you to map users to equivalent user groups in Morpheus.