- Automate static IP assignment across environments using Solarwinds IPAM
- Network pool sync: Network pools can be set on networks in Morpheus for automated IP allocation and record creation
- Optional Network Pool allocation and record sync.
Inventory Existingoption syncs all individual IP records and corresponding status. Inventory is not required for provisioning
- Grid and list displays with IP record overlays and color coding for static, available, reserved and transient status
- Manual IP Host record creation from Network Pool detail pages
Adding SolarWinds to Morpheus¶
Infrastructure > Network > Integrations
Click + ADD
Enter in the following information
Name of the SolarWinds Integration in Morpheus
Deselect to disable sync with the SolarWinds endpoint
URL of the SolarWinds server, ex:
Username of SolarWinds API User. API and root level propagating read access required, read/write access required for target networks and domains.
SolarWinds User password
Click SAVE CHANGES
Consuming SolarWinds in Morpheus¶
On saving your new integration, SolarWinds networks will be synced and can be viewed by navigating to
Infrastructure > Network > IP POOLS. They’re also viewable from the detail section of the SolarWinds integration at
Infrastructure > Network > INTEGRATIONS > (your SolarWinds integration) > NETWORK POOLS.
Host records can also be viewed here by clicking on the name of a SolarWinds network.
Morpheus SolarWinds integration does not support zone record syncing despite the presence of the ZONES tab on the integration detail page. This is a UI feature carried over from other networking integrations and is not supported at this time.
Adding IP Pools to Networks¶
Morpheus can automatically assign the next available SolarWinds IP in an IP/Network Pool and create the corresponding DNS records. Morpheus will also remove the records upon teardown. To enable this, add an SolarWinds IP/Network Pool to the Network Pool section on a Network(s).
- Navigate to
Infrastructure > Network > Networks
- Select a Network name and click EDIT
- In the NETWORK POOL typeahead field, search for and select the name of the selected IP/Network Pool.
- Gateway, DNS, and CIDR must be populated for static/pool IP assignment
- Select ALLOW IP OVERRIDE, if desired, to allow selecting between DHCP, static IP address entry, and pool address selection at provision time
- Deselect DHCP server if a DHCP server will not be used on the network (only static and/or IP Pool IP assignment)
- Select SAVE CHANGES
Creating Host Records¶
Select a Network Pool from
Infrastructure > Network > IP POOLS
Click + ADD
Enter the following
Hostname for the record
- IP ADDRESS
IP address for the Host Record
Select SAVE CHANGES