v4.2.1 Compatibility & Breaking Changes¶
When installing and upgrading to Morpheus v4.2.1, refer to the following to ensure compatibility.
- Appliance: OS: Ubuntu 14.04 has reached its end of life (EOL) and is no longer supported as a Morpheus Appliance Host Operating System. Any Morpheus Appliance running on 14.04 must be upgraded to 16.04, 18.04 or 20.04 BEFORE upgrading to 4.2.1+. Upgrades on 14.04 will not succeed.
- Clouds: VirtualBox, VirtuSteam, and MetaCloud Cloud Types are no longer supported or available.
- Puppet: Morpheus integration now supports version 6+. Puppet versions prior to 6 are no longer supported.
- Tasks: Python: Virtual environment are now used for Python Tasks. Note:
virtualenvis required on all Appliance App nodes.
pip install virtualenv.
Morpheus Application OS¶
Existing Appliances on 14.04 must upgrade to 16.04 or 18.04 PRIOR to upgrading to v4.2.1.
The Morpheus Application can be installed on the following Operating System versions:
|Debian||9, 10||FreeRDP 2.0 is not compatible with Debian 9. Guacd will remain at 1.0.0 for Appliances running on 9.|
|SUSE SLES||12, 15|
|Ubuntu||16.04, 18.04||14.04 is no longer supported for Appliance OS. Existing Appliances on 14.04 must upgrade to 16.04 or 18.04 PRIOR to upgrading to v4.2.1. Note: 14.04 is still supported by the Morpheus Agent.|
v4.2.1 Service Version Changes¶
The following service versions have changed from the prior release. Service version changes are only applicable when using Morpheus System services. Externalized services are not upgraded by Morpheus.
- ElasticSearch: Upgraded to 7.6.2 from 7.6.1
- Erlang: Upgraded to 22.3 from 22.0
- NGINX: Upgraded to 1.17.9 from 1.17.6
- OpenJDK JRE: Upgraded to 8u252 from 8u242
- OpenSSL: Upgraded to 1.0.2u from 1.0.2t
- RabbitMQ: Upgraded to 3.8.3 from 3.7.16
- Tomcat: Upgraded to 3.0.33 from 3.0.31
When externalizing MySQL, Elasticsearch and/or RabbitMQ services, the following versions are compatible with Morpheus v4.2.1:
Elasticsearch 7.x is required for v4.2.1. Refer to Upgrading section for more information.
|Service||Compatible Branch||Morpheus Installer Version|
|Percona||5.7, WSREP 31||n/a|
Please be aware of the default security enhancements added to v4.1.2+ and assess potential impacts to your env, including agent installation and front end load balancers.
- Appliance: Starting in v4.1.2 (not new but worth repeating), the default Morpheus Nginx config removes support for incoming
TLS v1.0 and v1.1connections. Please update source config to be compatible. If necessary, Morpheus can be configured to support older TLS versions via morpheus.rb config.
- Security: Web Security response headers set for enhanced security
Current iterations of Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Digital Ocean, HPE OneView, OpenTelekom Cloud, IBM Bluemix, Softlayer and UpCloud are all supported.
VirtualBox, VirtuSteam, and MetaCloud Cloud Types are no longer supported.
|Integration||Supported Version(s)||Known incompatibilities|
|Commvault||v11 sp 12|
|Kubernetes||Major:”1”, Minor:”14”, GitVersion:”v1.14.1”|
|Microsoft Hyper-V||2012R2, 2016, 2019|
|Nutanix AHV||5.0 - 5.10||In 5.5 - 5.7 if Prism Central is managing Prism Element, image creation in Prism Element will function due to PC Image Management.|
|Openstack||Juno, Kilo, Liberty, Mitaka, Newton, Ocata, Pike, Queens, Rocky, Stein, Train|
|ServiceNow||Kingston, London, Madrid, New York, and Orlando|
|Terraform||v0.11.x||Not Compatible with v0.12.x (Support Planned)|
|vCloud Director||8.20, 9.1, 9.5|
|Veeam||9.5u3, 9.5u4, 10|
|VMware ESXi||5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7|
|VMware Fusion||8, 9, 10+|
|VMware NSX||-V, -T|
|VMware vCenter||5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7|
Non-listed versions may be compatible but are not verified.