v4.2.2 Compatibility & Breaking Changes¶
When installing and upgrading to Morpheus v4.2.2, refer to the following to ensure compatibility.
- 4.2.1: Appliance: OS: Ubuntu 14.04 has reached its end of life (EOL) and is no longer supported as a Morpheus Appliance Host Operating System. Any Morpheus Appliance running on 14.04 must be upgraded to 16.04, 18.04 or 20.04 BEFORE upgrading to 4.2.1+. Upgrades on 14.04 will not succeed
- 4.2.1: Clouds: VirtualBox, VirtuSteam, and MetaCloud Cloud Types are no longer supported or available
- 4.2.1: Puppet: Morpheus integration now supports version 6+. Puppet versions prior to 6 are no longer supported
- 4.2.1: Tasks: Python: Virtual environment are now used for Python Tasks. Note:
virtualenvis required on all Appliance App nodes:
pip install virtualenv
Morpheus Application OS¶
Existing Appliances on 14.04 must upgrade to 16.04 or 18.04 PRIOR to upgrading to v4.2.1+.
|Debian||9, 10||FreeRDP 2.0 is not compatible with Debian 9. Guacd will remain at 1.0.0 for Appliances running on 9.|
|SUSE SLES||12, 15|
|Ubuntu||16.04, 18.04||14.04 is no longer supported for Appliance OS. Existing Appliances on 14.04 must upgrade to 16.04 or 18.04 PRIOR to upgrading to v4.2.1+. Note: 14.04 is still supported by the Morpheus Agent.|
v4.2.2 Service Version Changes¶
- Java updated to 8u262 -4
- ElasticSearch updated to 7.8.1 -4
- Java for ElasticSearch updated to 14.0.2 -4
- NGINX updated to 1.19.1 -4
- RabbitMQ updated to 3.8.5 -4
-4 Indicates service version changes included in 4.2.2-3 release packages
v4.2.2 Service Version Compatibility¶
When externalizing MySQL, Elasticsearch and/or RabbitMQ services, the following versions are compatible with version Morpheus v4.2.2
|Service||Compatible Branch||Morpheus Installer Version|
|Percona||5.7, WSREP 31||n/a|
|Elasticsearch||7.x||7.6.2, 7.8.1 -4|
|RabbitMQ||3.5-3.8||3.8.3, 3.8.5 -4|
-4 Indicates version changes included in 4.2.2-4 release packages
Elasticsearch 7.x is required for v4.2.2. Refer to Upgrading section for more information.
Please be aware of the default security enhancements added to v4.1.2+ and assess potential impacts to your environment, including agent installation and frontend load balancers.
- 4.1.2: Appliance: Starting in v4.1.2, the default Morpheus Nginx config removes support for incoming
TLS v1.0 and v1.1connections. Please update source config to be compatible. If necessary, Morpheus can be configured to support older TLS versions via morpheus.rb config.
- 4.2.1: Security: Web Security response headers set for enhanced security
- CVE-2019-11358 -4
-4 Indicates features and fixes included in 4.2.2-3 release packages
Current iterations of Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Digital Ocean, HPE OneView, OpenTelekom Cloud, IBM Bluemix, Softlayer and UpCloud are all supported.
VirtualBox, VirtuSteam, and MetaCloud Cloud Types are no longer supported.
|Integration||Supported Version(s)||Known incompatibilities|
|Azure Stack||2002 back to 1908||
|Commvault||v11 sp 19|
|Kubernetes||Major:”1”, Minor:”17”, GitVersion:”v1.17.3”|
|Microsoft Hyper-V||2012R2, 2016, 2019|
|Nutanix AHV||5.0 - 5.10 Note: Prism Central is not a supported endpoint||In 5.5 - 5.7 if Prism Central is managing Prism Element, image creation will not function due to PC Image Management.|
|Openstack||Juno, Kilo, Liberty, Mitaka, Newton, Ocata, Pike, Queens, Rocky, Stein, Train|
|ServiceNow||Kingston, London, Madrid, New York, and Orlando|
|Terraform||v0.11.x||Not Compatible with v0.12.x (Support Planned)|
|vCloud Director||8.20, 9.1, 9.5, 9.7*, 10.0||*vCD 9.7 supported on API v31|
|Veeam||9.5u3, 9.5u4, 10|
|VMware ESXi||5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7, 7|
|VMware Fusion||8, 9, 10+|
|VMware NSX||-V, -T|
|VMware vCenter||5.5, 6.0, 6.5, 6.7, 7|
Non-listed versions may be compatible but are not verified.