Administration -> Provisioning
- Configure Global Provisioning, Cloud-init and PXE Boot settings.
- Create and manage Environment Tags
- Add License to apply to Windows Instances during Provisioning.
- Allow Cloud Selection
- Displays or hides Cloud Selection dropdown in Provisioning wizard.
- Allow Host Selection
- Displays or hides Host Selection dropdown in Provisioning wizard.
- Require Environment Selection
- Forces users to select and Environment during provisioning
- Show Pricing
- Displays or hides Pricing in Provisioning wizard and Instance and Host detail pages.
- Hide Datastore Stats On Selection
- Hides Datastore utilization and size stats in provisioning and app wizards
- Cross-Tenant Naming Policies
- Enable for the
sequencevalue in naming policies to apply across tenants
- Reuse Sequence Numbers
- Enable for sequence numbers to always increment and never be reused. When disabled, sequence numbers will be reused.
- Deployment Archive Store
Default Storage Provider for storing Deployment Archives.
Storage Providers can be configured and managed in the Infrastructure -> Storage section.
Morpheus can add Global users for Linux and Windows at provision time. Cloud-init/Cloudbase-Init or VMware Tools installed on the provisioned Virtual Images is required.
- Username: Enter User to be added to Linux Instances during provisioning.
- Password: Enter password to be set for the above Linux user.
- KeyPair: Select KeyPair to be added for the above Linux user.
Either a Password, KeyPair, or both can be populated for the Linux User. KeyPairs can be added in the Infrastructure -> Key Pairs section.
- Administrator Password: Enter password to be set for the Windows Administrator User during provisioning.
PXE Boot Settings¶
- Default Root Password
- Enter the default password to be set for Root during PXE Boots.
Administration -> Provisioning -> Environments
The Environments section is where you create and manage your environment labels, which are available in the Environment dropdown during Instance or App provisioning. An Instance’s environment label can be changed by editing the Instance.
Select + Create Environment
Populate the following for the New Environment:
The friendly name for the environment in Morpheus
Shortcode used for API and CLI
Environment description displayed on the Environments list page
- Display Order
The order in which environments are presented when provisioning, a value of “0” will position the environment at the top of the list
- Private: Available only in the Tenant the environment is created in
- Public: Available for all Tenants. Public is only applicable for environments created in the the Master Tenant.
User-created environments can be edited, hidden, or removed from the Actions menu on the environments list page. Morpheus-default environments can only be hidden from users during provisioning.
Administration -> Provisioning -> Licenses
The License section is for automating the application of Licenses to Instances while provisioning. Licenses can be added to Morpheus and then attached to images. Morpheus will then apply the license to Instances provisioned using the images with license attached. Licenses can be configured for single or multiple Tenants.
Select + Create License
In the New License modal, enter the following:
- License Type
Name of the License in Morpheus
- License Key
Enter the License Key
- Org Name
The Organization Name (if applicable) related to the license key
- Full Name
The Full Name (if applicable) related to the license key
The License Version
The Number of copies available on the License
License description displayed in the Licenses list in Morpheus, helpful for identifying the License after creation
- Virtual Images
- Search for existing Virtual Images by name and select to attach the image to the license.
Virtual Images are synced from Clouds or added in the Provisioning -> Virtual Images section.
- Tenant Permissions
Search for and select the Tenant(s) the License will be available for. Multiple Tenants can be added.
Provisioning with Licenses¶
When a Virtual Image is added to a license, Morpheus will automatically apply the License to Instances configured with the Virtual Image during provisioning, including Instance Types with a Node Type that is configured with the Virtual Image, or if the image is selected when using generic Cloud Instances types (VMware, AWS, Nutanix, Openstack etc). Virtual Images can be removed from a License by editing the License.
Created Licenses details are displayed in the License page, including the number of copies applied per License, the Tenants added to the License, and the Virtual Images attached to the License.
The Name, Version, Copies, Description, Virtual Images and Tenant Permissions are editable but selecting the Actions dropdown on a License.
License Types, Keys, Org Names and Full Names are not editable after a license has been created.
License can also be removed using the Actions dropdown on a License.
App Blueprint Settings¶
Determines the Default Blueprint Type selected in new App Wizard
- ARM Template
- Cloud Formation
- Kubernetes Spec
- Helm Chart