Add a Softlayer Cloud¶
- Name of the Cloud in Morpheus
- Unique code used for api/cli, automation and policies.
- Description field for adding notes on the cloud, such as location.
- For setting cloud permissions in a multi-tenant environment. Not applicable in single tenant environments.
- If Visibility is set to Private, select the Tenant the Cloud resources will assigned to.
- When disabled, automatic Cloud sync is paused and the Cloud will not be selectable for provisioning.
- AUTOMATICALLY POWER ON VMS
When enabled, Morpheus will maintain the expected powered on state of managed VM’s and power on any managed VM’s in the cloud that have been shut down for unknown reasons (not powered off by Morpheus) to ensure availability of services.
When “AUTOMATICALLY POWER ON VMS” is enabled, the power state of managed VM’s should be maintained in Morpheus. This setting is not applicable to discovered/unmanaged resources.
- Softlayer Username
- API Key
- Softlayer User API Key, accessible in the Softlayer Portal under
`Account -> Users -> View API Key
- Datacenters will auto-populate upon successful authentication with the above credentials. Select appropriate Datacenter for this Cloud.
- Object Store
- Select the destination Object Store
- Inventory Existing Instances
- If enabled, existing Softlayer Instances will be inventoried and appear as unmanaged Virtual Machines in Morpheus .
The Cloud can now be added to a Group or configured with additional Advanced options.
- Specify a default domain for instances provisioned to this Cloud.
- SCALE PRIORITY
- Only affects Docker Provisioning. Specifies the priority with which an instance will scale into the cloud. A lower priority number means this cloud integration will take scale precedence over other cloud integrations in the group.
- APPLIANCE URL
- Alternate Appliance url for scenarios when the default Appliance URL (configured in admin -> settings) is not reachable or resolvable for Instances provisioned in this cloud. The Appliance URL is used for Agent install and reporting.
- TIME ZONE
- Configures the time zone on provisioned VM’s if necessary.
- DATACENTER ID
- Used for differentiating pricing among multiple datacenters. Leave blank unless prices are properly configured.
- NETWORK MODE
- Unmanaged or select a Network Integration (NSX, ACI etc)
- LOCAL FIREWALL
- On or Off. Enable to managed Host and VM firewall/IP Table rules (linux only)
- SECURITY SERVER
- Security Server setting is for Security Service Integrations such as ACI
- TRUST PROVIDER
- Select Internal (Morpheus) or an existing Trust Provider Integration
- STORAGE MODE
- Single Disk, LVM or Clustered
- BACKUP PROVIDER
- Select Internal Backups (Morpheus) or a Backup Integration
- REPLICATION PROVIDER
- Sets the default Replication Provider for the Cloud. Select an existing Replication Provider Integration
- Enable Guidance recommendations on cloud resources.
- Enable for Morpheus to sync Costing data from the Cloud provider, when available. If your organization utilizes reserved instances and you want to pull in related pricing data, select Costing and Reservations. If this is not relevant, select Costing to save money on additional calls to the AWS Cost Explorer API or similar service for other clouds.
- DNS INTEGRATION
- Records for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected DNS integration.
- SERVICE REGISTRY
- Services for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected Service Registry integration.
- CONFIG MANAGEMENT
- Select a Chef, Salt, Ansible or Puppet integration to be used with this Cloud.
- Select CMDB Integration to automatically update selected CMDB.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Select an existing Change Management Integration to set on the Cloud. ex: Cherwell
- AGENT INSTALL MODE
- SSH / WINRM: Morpheus will use SSH or WINRM for Agent install.
- Cloud Init / Unattend (when available): (DEFAULT) Morpheus will utilize Cloud-Init or Cloudbase-Init for agent install when provisioning images with Cloud-Init/Cloudbase-Init installed. Morpheus will fall back on SSH or WINRM if cloud-init is not installed on the provisioned image. Morpheus will also add Agent installation to Windows unattend.xml data when performing Guest Customizations or utilizing syspreped images.
- API PROXY
- Set a proxy for outbound communication from the Morpheus Appliance to the Cloud endpoints. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- INSTALL AGENT
- Enable to have Agent Installation on by default for all provisioning into this Cloud. Disable for Agent Installation to be off by default for all provisioning into this Cloud.
- Set a proxy for inbound communication from Instances to the Morpheus Appliance. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- Bypass Proxy for Appliance URL
- Enable to bypass proxy settings (if added) for Morpheus Agent communication to the Appliance URL.
- NO PROXY
- Include a list of IP addresses or name servers to exclude from proxy traversal
- USER DATA (LINUX)
- Add cloud-init user data. Morpheus 4.1.0 and earlier assumes bash syntax. Morpheus 4.1.1 and later supports all User Data formats. Refer to https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/format.html for more information.