Morpheus v5.0.0 Documentation¶
Morpheus 5.0.0 is a beta release and should not be installed in production environments. Review v5.0.0 Compatibility & Breaking Changes before installing or upgrading Morpheus.
5.0.0 introduces Personas, a new approach to streamline, optimize and simplify targeted self-service across disciplines. Our first Persona is Service Catalog, a paradigm shift to self-service that removes the complexity of multi-cloud, multi-format, multi-service offerings and presents a simple RBAC Catalog with one-click ordering of any resource. The new Self Service tool allows Admins to easily create Catalog Items using existing wizards and specs that minimize or even eliminate end-user input. Personas are assigned using existing Roles and users can be give access to multiple Personas with quick access to each Persona added to the global nav.
- Personas further optimize interfaces and processes for target audiences.
- The Service Catalog Persona further simplifies self-service provisioning of any resource with minimum or even zero user input.
- Service Catalog users can add items to their cart and checkout with a few clicks, then access resource in the Service Catalog Dashboard or Inventory section.
- Admins can quickly create Catalog Items using familiar processes and existing configurations, exposing only the options they choose to end users.
- Instances and Blueprints/Apps are supported for Catalog Items in 5.0.0 with additional options coming, including Operational Workflows.
- Personas and Catalog Items utilize existing RBAC permissions and Policies. Users can easily switch between assigned Personas.
The Morpheus Core Plugin Library provides a common framework for extending and customizing Morpheus capabilities. This includes providing plugin extensions for adding various integrations such as Cloud Integrations, Service Level Integrations or Providers for things like DNS, IPAM, Config Management, UI Extensions, Etc. The Morpheus Plugin API is a Java based library that currently supports implementing providers of the following types:
- UI Extensions
- Task Types
- Cypher Modules
Additional information will be accessible in the Morpheus Developer Portal.
The new Invoices UI brings the existing powerful Invoices API <https://apidocs.morpheusdata.com/#invoices> to the UI
- View highly-granular costing data through Invoices
- Create and export Invoice views with custom filters and columns
- View Invoice summaries, historical Cost and Price charts, and individual Line Item details
Reporting capabilities have been expanding with a new interface, additional report types, and report scheduling.
- Schedule reports to be run at a specific point in time or on a specific recurring schedule
- Eight new report types added for additional costing and usage breakdowns
- New filtering options added for new and existing reports
- Getting Started
- Service Catalog Persona
- Ansible Troubleshooting
- Attaching Logs to Case
- Blank Dashboard
- CLI Troubleshooting
- Cannot Login
- Common Ports & Requirements
- Deleting Instances
- How to un-manage an Instance/VM/Host
- MySQL Too many connections error
- Morpheus Agent Install Troubleshooting
- Morpheus UI not loading after upgrade or reconfigure
- Remote Console
- SSL Self-signed Certificate Regeneration
- Unable to Delete Tenant
- Unable to Provision a Custom Image
- Getting started with Morpheus and AWS
- Getting started with Morpheus and VMware
- Installation & Setup
- Integrating Your First Cloud
- Viewing Cloud Inventory
- Configuring Resource Pools
- Configuring Data Stores
- Configuring Network for Provisioning
- Prepping an Image
- Provisioning Your First Instance
- Creating Your First Library Item
- Automation and Configuration Management
- Getting started with Morpheus and Azure
- Backing Up and Restoring Morpheus Appliance
- Cloud Resource Tagging with Morpheus
- Azure (Public)
- Azure Stack
- Cloud Foundry
- Digital Ocean
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Huawei Cloud
- Canonical MAAS
- Mac Stadium
- Oracle VM
- Oracle Cloud
- Agent Requirement
- UCS Manager
- vCloud Director
- VMware vCenter
- Creating a Morpheus VMware Image
- VMware Fusion
- Xen Server
- Creating a CentOS 7 Morpheus Image
- Morpheus Cloud Capability Coverage
- Identity Management
- Keys and Certificates
- Load Balancers
- Service Discovery
- Supported Integration Versions
- v5.0.0 Release Notes
- v5.0.0 Compatibility & Breaking Changes