Morpheus v3.6 promotes v3.5 to a LTS branch. v3.6.0 contains everything in 3.5.3, please refer to all 3.5 release notes when upgrading from the 3.4 LTS branch to v3.6.
If upgrading from 3.5.2 or earlier, yum and msi agent package requests are now over port 443 instead of 80. 80 is still required for apt packages.
If upgrading from 3.5.2 or earlier, ngnix needs to be restarted after 3.5.3 upgrade with
morpheus-ctl restart nginx to accommodate yum and msi agent installs over 443
Amazon Cost & Reservations sync uses the AWS Cost Explorer API. Please be aware of any additional costs incurred from Amazon.
Update to the latest morpheus-cli with
gem update morpheus-cli
Release date: 2/9/19
- Agent: `New Morpheus Windows Agent Install modes`_. Morpheus Windows Agent can now install via Guest Customizations or Cloudbase-Init`_
- Agent: Morpheus Windows Agent updated to v1.4.4
- Ansible: Ansible execution over command bus added. Morpheus has removed the need for ssh or winrm for Ansible!
- Ansible: Ansible verbose logging mode added
- API & CLI : Mute and Unmute Monitoring Checks now available from CLI & API
- API & CLI: Billing Data now contains server ID & external ID
- Appliance: Check server agent TLS support for RabbitMQ connection added
- Apps: App Tiered provisioning timeouts raised to accommodate apps that require longer workload times (15+ hours)
- ARM Templates: Added support for conditional ‘if(..)’ statements
- Automation: Added Post Provision phase output to Instance history for Workflows.
- AWS: Amazon Clouds can now be scoped to all VPCs in a region instead of a single VPC per cloud.
- AWS: `Amazon Cost & Reservations sync`_: Morpheus now syncs in AWS costs and EC2 Reservations from AWS.
- AWS: New Summary Tab added to AWS Cloud detail pages containing cost and EC2 Reservation statistics.
- Azure: Resource Pool creation and removal added
- Backups: Backup archives on failures are now automatically cleaned up
- Clouds: Disable Clouds now filtered in Instance, App, Host, Migration and Blueprint wizards
- Clouds: Huawei Cloud integration added
- DISA Compliance: sudoers.d via cloud-init no longer adds users with NOPASSWD flag
- Google Cloud: Windows support added
- Google: Multi-network support added for Google Instances
- Infrastructure: VMs & Hosts: Version and Layout selection added to Convert to Managed
Run TaskInstance Action added. Allows executing individual tasks on Instances
- Instances: Long Instance and Host names now wrap in list view
- Isilon: NFS mount path for Isilon volumes displayed in Isilon tab
- KVM: Import Image: Added ability to import a KVM virtual machine image from both a managed and unmanaged KVM cloud. Supports both CEPH and LVM
- Policies: New User Group Creation Policy Type. Automatically add User Groups via Global, Tenant, Group, Cloud and User Policies
- Policies: New File Share Storage Quotas and Object Storage Quotas policy types added.
- Policies: New Policy Icons
- Remedy: Remedy Integrations now support Approval Policies for Provisioning and Lifecycle extension Approvals in Remedy.
- Remedy: Tenant and User added to main asset
- Rubrik: SLA Domains added to instance detail backup tab and backup details
- SCVMM : Do not require cloud selection for SCVMM clouds
- SCVMM : Host Agent is now used for SCVMM communication instead of winrm
- Storage Servers: Tenancy Visibility setting added for Dell EMC Isilon and ECS Storage Servers
- TerraForm: Apply State Action added to Terraform Apps
- TerraForm: Apply App State wizard added to reapply Terraform App state
- Terraform: HCL4j parser updated to handle 100% coverage of terraform syntax formats
- Usage: Added usage tracking for changes to Discovered resource sizes for VM’s in VMware vCenter and Nutanix Cloud types
- VMware: Keyboard layout selection added to VMware vCenter Clouds
AWS: Amazon Costing & Reservations sync¶
Morpheus now syncs in actual costs from AWS, including Month To Date, estimated spend, last months costs, broken down by service, including On-Demand and Reserved hours per EC2 Instance Type.
Amazon Cost & Reservations sync uses the AWS Cost Explorer API. Please be aware of any additional costs incurred from Amazon.
Amazon Clouds can now be scoped to all VPCs¶
Morpheus v3.6.0 added the ability to choose all VPC’s in an AWS region when adding an Amazon cloud. VPS’s are listed in the Resources tab in an Amazon Cloud detail page and similar to other resource pools, a VPC has Group Access, Tenant Access, Service Plan Access, default and active configuration options. This allows users to add a single aws cloud per region and then carve up access across groups and tenants and limit which Service Plans/EC2 Instance Types can be access per VPC. Users with access to multiple VPC’s can choose target VPC at provision time.
Ansible execution over command bus¶
Morpheus has removed the need for ssh or winrm for Ansible! The new Ansible execution over command bus feature allows running ansible over the Morpheus agent command bus, removing the need for an ssh or winrm connection for Ansible, or any open incoming ports on the target host. The Morpheus Agent (which can be installed with no open incoming ports on the target vm/host as well) will pull and execute Ansible commands locally.
To enable Ansible execution over the Morpheus agent command bus, edit you Ansible integration and select ” Use Morpheus Agent Command Bus”
Ansible verbose logging mode¶
When using Ansible execution over the Morpheus Agent command bus, verbose debug logging can be enabled but editing an Ansible Integration. Along with the “Use Morpheus Agent Command Bus” flag, “Enable Verbose Logging” is a new setting on Ansible integration settings that will output debug level logs for Ansible execution, visible in the Instance history section by selection the “i” bubble on an executed Ansible task.
Object Storage Quotas¶
The new Object Storage Quotas Policy type allows, you guessed it, setting Storage Quotas for Object Stores.
To add, in
Administration -> Policies add a new Policy, and select
Object Storage Quota.
Then set the Name, give it a good description, set the size in GB, and scope it Globally or to a User.
Disable Clouds now filtered¶
Previously, deselecting “Enabled” in a Clouds configuration settings only disabled sync and greyed it out in the Clouds list view. Now disabled clouds are filtered out/hidden in Instance, App, Host, Migration and Blueprint wizards.
If you disable a cloud to temporarily pause sync, be sure to re-enable it for provisioning.
Long Instance and Host names now wrap¶
Instance and Host list pages now wrap long Instance and Host names, allowing for viewing the entirety of a long Instance or Host name without having to select or hover.
Huawei Cloud integration added¶
Huawei Cloud now available as a Cloud integration in Morpheus v3.6.0.
NFS mount path for Isilon volumes¶
The path to the file share is now displayed on the Isilon tab to make it easier for users to know how to mount the share in a VM
Mute and Unmute Monitoring Checks now available from CLI & API¶
Usage: morpheus monitor-checks mute [name] Usage: morpheus monitor-groups mute [name] Usage: morpheus monitor-apps mute [name] Mute a check, check group, or monitoring app. This prevents it from creating new incidents. [name] is required. This is the name or id of a check. --disable can be passed to disable mute state instead, the same as unmute Usage: morpheus monitor-checks mute-all Usage: morpheus monitor-groups mute-all Usage: morpheus monitor-apps mute-all Mute all checks. This prevents the creation new incidents. --disable can be passed to disable mute state instead, the same as unmute Usage: morpheus monitor-incidents mute-all Mute all incidents. Usage: morpheus monitor-checks unmute [name] Unmute a check. [name] is required. This is the name or id of a check.
Morpheus Windows Agent Install modes¶
3.6.0 adds the ability to execute Windows Agent install script with vmware guest customizations or cloudbase-Init utilizing unattend.xml. Now, in addition to winrm and vmtools, morpheus can inject the agent install script into the unattend.xml, reducing vmware provision times and removing winrm/5985 requirement for agent install when using images configured with cloudbase-init.
Agent Install mode must be set to “Cloud-init when available” on target cloud for cloudbase-init agent install.
New User Group Creation Policy Type¶
Automatically add User Groups via Global, Tenant, Group, Cloud and User Policies
User groups can be configured in Administraiton- Users- User Groups tab or in the CLI with user-groups add/update
Apply State Action added to Terraform Apps¶
New Apply State action brings up the new Apply App State wizard to re-apply state to TerraForm Apps.
Keyboard layout selection added to VMware vCenter Clouds¶
Keyboard layouts for Remote Console connections cannot be set in VMware vCenter cloud in the Cloud configuration.
Fixes & other updates¶
- Active Directory: Fix for user accounts locking during login because of perceived failed login attempts
- Administration: Fix for tenant delete issue when a master tenant service plan is assigned to the sub-tenant
- API/CLI: Fix for API processes history for appId query
- API/CLI: Fix for API/CLI network creation
- API/CLI: Fix for Create App not handling JSON parameters (description & site ID)
- API/CLI: Fix for creating a restart task on CLI
- API/CLI: Fix for creating a security group rule not persisting instanceTypeId
- API/CLI: Fix for history API query filters not working
- API/CLI: Fix for updating cloud access settings in roles
- API/CLI: Fix for updating user role multitenant flag
- API/CLI: Fix for Morpheus push API checks
- Apps: Fix for instance configuration getting reset when using “previous” in the app wizard
- Archive: Fix for Morpheus user session timeout during large file upload
- Backups: Updated backup message in Admin - Backups when backups are disabled
- Blueprint: Fix for exposed ports not being lockable
- Blueprint: Fix for tier order display in multi tier blueprint
- Blueprint: Fix for volume size field responsiveness
- Clouds: Fix for AWS security group subtenant visibility
- Clouds: Fix for Open Telekom Cloud router & network creation
- Clouds: Fix for Morpheus IP-pool ranges being deleted when a cloud with associated network is deleted
- Custom Library: Fix for instance wizard not allowing a custom library item for oracleVM
- Custom Library: Fix for Sub-Tenants role permissions for custom instance types when tenant role Instance Type Access is set to Global:Custom
- Groups: Fix for User Group deletion when user group is associated with existing instances
- Hosts: Fix for Docker & Kubernetes hosts not deployable on VIO
- Hosts: Fix for Ubuntu Docker hosts DNS name servers being removed on reboot
- Images: Fix for GPS images incorrect labeling
- Images: Fix for images being larger than selected plan
- Images: Fix for seeded CentOS 7.2 & 7.3 Docker system images
- Instances Fix for Plan/Resource change detected when altered on cloud (not creating new usage records)
- Instances: Fix for multi-select convert to managed not having group selection
- Instances: Fix for not being able to clone Windows instance
- Instances: Fix for reconfiguring VM/Host not adding new usage record
- Instances: Fix for start/stop service on instance list showing when not applicable
- Instances: Fix for sub nav bar not appearing when clicking app link in instance detail page
- Load Balancer: Fix for AVI fields missing in LB provisioning wizard
- Networking: Fix for not being able to create NSX edge gateway
- Nutanix: Fix for Windows hostnames being counted/truncated
- OCI: Fix for regions not working properly
- Openstack: Fix for wrong plan tied being to instance
- Pricing: Fix for changes in machine configuration not being recorded in billing
- Pricing: Fix for cloud not showing in pricing label
- Pricing: Fix for hourly plan inconsistency
- Provisioning: Cloudbase-init: Fix for user creation via Cloudbase-init
- Provisioning: Fix for Windows VM turning status green prematurely
- Reporting: Fix for cost reports currency conversion
- Reporting: Fix Group and Tenant Cost reports both using the Term Zone instead of Cloud
- SAML: Fix for subtenant SAML Logout redirecting to error page
- Scaling: Fix for scale cloud priority settings, additional help text added
- SCVMM: Fix for SCVMM provisioning failing during failover cluster setup
- SCVMM: Fix for SVCMM cloud sync datastore cache
- Storage: Fix for storage showing wrong datastore
- vCD: Fix for cloud-init iso file cleanup
- vCD: Fix for custom vCD instance types not available for selection on convert to managed
- vCD: Fix for discovered & converted VM’s not creating an instance type
- vCD: Fix for hostname truncated with container ID
- vCD: Fix for issue with large number of templates
- vCD: Fix for vCD guest customizations running after instance restart triggered
- vCD: Fix for Windows instances appearing as discovered when provisioned onto vCD
- vCD: Fix for Morpheus triggering a power off instead of graceful shutdown for vApps
- vCD: vmId and vappId sent to their proper homes
- Veeam: Fix for Actions -> Backup on an instance executing the entire job
- Veeam: Fix for removing existing backup job removing other jobs
- VIO: Fix for not being able to delete instance with attached load balancer
- VMware: Fix for 8th additional disk using SCSI 0:7
- VMware: Fix for reconfigure not respecting cloud thick/thin disk setting
- VMware: Fix for record removal when changing Cloud Cluster scope from ALL to a single cluster
- VMware: Reconfigure now warns about requirement to delete snapshots
- VMware: Sync now updates cloud association when a VM is migrated between clusters scoped to multiple clouds.
- VMware: Sync now updates volume info for volumes that no longer exist on discovered vms