- Access to SCVMM host on 5985 for Agent Installation
- The Morpheus Agent is required, and is installed on the target SCVMM host via port 5985/winrm.
User with Administrator privileges
SCVMM and Hyper-V Integrations utilize the Morpheus Agent for communications with the Morpheus appliance, making the Morpheus Agent required. This also means SCVMM and Hyper-V Clouds can only point to one Morpheus Appliance at once. If another Morpheus Appliance adds a SCVMM or Hyper-V Cloud thats is already managed by another Morpheus Appliance, the Morpheus Agent appliance_url will be updated to point to the new Morpheus Appliance url, and the previous Morpheus Appliance iwll no longer be able to communicate with the SCVMM cloud or Hyper-V cloud until the agent configuration is updated to point to the previous Appliance again.
Add a SCVMM Cloud¶
- Navigate to
Infrastructure -> Clouds
- Select + CREATE CLOUD, select SCVMM, and then click Next.
- Enter the following into the Create Cloud modal:
You will need to open is 5985 in order for Morpheus to communicate to SCVMM. You will also want to make sure SCVMM has WinRM enabled.
- Name of the Cloud in Morpheus
- Description field for adding notes on the cloud, such as location.
- For setting cloud permissions in a multi-tenant environment. Not applicable in single tenant environments.
- SCVMM HOST
- IP or url of SCVMM host
- SCVMM Username. ex: svc.scvmm
- SCVMM User Password
- To scope the SCVMM Integration to a single Cloud, select it from the Cloud dropdown, which populates after establishing communication and authorization over 5985 using the supplied username and password above. To scope to all Clouds, leave the srop down as
- HOST GROUP
- To scope the SCVVM Integration to a single host group, select a Host group from the drop down list. To scope to all Host Groups, select
- To scope the SCVVM Integration to a single Cluster, select a Cluster from the drop down list. To scope to all Host Groups, select
- WORKING PATH
- Path for Morpheus to write to. ex:
- DISK PATH
- Path for Virtual Disks. ex:
- HIDE HOST SELECTION FROM USERS
- Prevents host selection from appearing in provisioning wizards
- INVENTORY EXISTING INSTANCES
- Enable to discover exiting VM’s in the scoped resources.
- ENABLE HYPERVISOR CONSOLE
- Enable to use VNC Hypervisor Console for Morpheus Console conneciton, vs the default SSH and RDP Console Conneciton methods. Requires resolution of all Hyper-V host names and access over port 443 from the Morpheus Appliance to Hyper-V hosts.
- Specify a default domain for instances provisioned to this Cloud.
- SCALE PRIORITY
- Only affects Docker Provisioning. Specifies the priority with which an instance will scale into the cloud. A lower priority number means this cloud integration will take scale precedence over other cloud integrations in the group.
- APPLIANCE URL
- Alternate Appliance url for scenarios when the default Appliance URL (configured in admin -> settings) is not reachable or resolvable for Instances provisioned in this cloud. The Appliance URL is used for Agent install and reporting.
- TIME ZONE
- Configures the time zone on provisioned VM’s if necessary.
- DATACENTER ID
- Used for differentiating pricing among multiple datacenters. Leave blank unless prices are properly configured.
- NETWORK MODE
- Unmanaged or Managed
- HOST FIREWALL
- On or Off. Enable to managed Host firewall/IP Table rules (linux only)
- SECURITY MODE
Defines if Morpheus will control local firewall of provisioned servers and hosts.
When local firewall management is enabled, Morpheus will automatically set an IP table rule to allow incoming connections on tcp port 22 from the Morpheus Appliance.
- SECURITY SERVER
- Select security off or Local Firewall
- TRUST PROVIDER
- Select Internal (Morpheus) or an existing Trust Provider Integration
- STORAGE MODE
- Single Disk, LVM or Clustered
- BACKUP PROVIDER
- Select Internal Backups (Morpheus) or a Backup Integration
- REPLICATION PROVIDER
- Sets the default Replication Provider for the Cloud. Select an existing Replication Provider Integration
- Enable Guidance recommendations on cloud resources.
- Enable for Morpheus to sync Costing data from the Cloud provider, when available. If your organization utilizes reserved instances and you want to pull in related pricing data, select Costing and Reservations. If this is not relevant, select Costing to save money on additional calls to the AWS Cost Explorer API or similar service for other clouds.
- DNS INTEGRATION
- Records for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected DNS integration.
- SERVICE REGISTRY
- Services for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected Service Registry integration.
- CONFIG MANAGEMENT
- Select a Chef, Salt, Ansible or Puppet integration to be used with this Cloud.
- Select CMDB Integration to automatically update selected CMDB.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Select an existing Change Management Integration to set on the Cloud. ex: Cherwell
- AGENT INSTALL MODE
- SSH / WINRM: Morpheus will use SSH or WINRM for Agent install.
- Cloud Init / Unattend (when available): Morpheus will utilize Cloud-Init or Cloudbase-Init for agent install when provisioning images with Cloud-Init/Cloudbase-Init installed. Morpheus will fall back on SSH or WINRM if cloud-init is not installed on the provisioned image. Morpheus will also add Agent installation to Windows unattend.xml data when performing Guest Customizaitons or utilizing syspreped images.
- API PROXY
- Required when a Proxy Server blocks communication between the Morpheus Appliance and the Cloud. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- INSTALL AGENT
- Enable to have Agent Installation on by default for all provisioning into this Cloud. Disable for Agent Installation to be off by default for all provisioning into this Cloud.
- Required when a Proxy Server blocks communication between an Instance and the Morpheus Appliance. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- Bypass Proxy for Appliance URL
- Enable to bypass proxy settings (if added) for Instance Agent communication to the Appliance URL.
- USER DATA (LINUX)
- Add cloud-init user data or scripts. Assumes bash syntax.
- The Cloud can now be added to a Group or configured with additional Advanced options.