- Access to SCVMM host on port 5985 for Agent installation
- Morpheus Agent installation (installed on the target SCVMM host via port 5985 and WinRM)
- User with administrator privileges
SCVMM and Hyper-V integrations utilize the Morpheus Agent for communication with the Morpheus appliance, making the Morpheus Agent required. This also means SCVMM and Hyper-V Clouds can only point to one Morpheus Appliance at any given time. If another Morpheus Appliance adds an SCVMM or Hyper-V Cloud thats is already managed by another Morpheus Appliance, the Morpheus Agent appliance_url will be updated to point to the new Morpheus appliance_url, and the previous Morpheus Appliance will no longer be able to communicate with the SCVMM Cloud or Hyper-V Cloud until the Agent configuration is updated to point to the previous appliance again. In Morpheus version 4.2.1 and higher, multiple Morpheus clouds can be created by integrating with the same SCVMM host. This allows users to create separate Clouds with are scoped to different SCVMM Cloud, Host and/or Cluster combinations.
Morpheus only supports integration with standalone SCVMM installations and not high-availability cluster installation at this time.
Add a SCVMM Cloud¶
- Navigate to
Infrastructure > Clouds
- Select + CREATE CLOUD, select SCVMM, and then click Next.
- Enter the following into the Create Cloud modal:
You will need to open port 5985 in order for Morpheus to communicate to SCVMM. You will also want to make sure SCVMM has WinRM enabled.
- Name of the Cloud in Morpheus
- An optional short code used for API and variables
- Description field for adding Cloud locations
- For setting Cloud permissions in a multi-tenant environment, this field is not applicable in single-Tenant environments
- When checked, makes the configured Cloud available for use in Morpheus
- AUTOMATICALLY POWER ON VMS
- When checked, provisioned VMs will automatically be powered on
- SCVMM HOST
- IP address or URL of SCVMM host server
- SCVMM Username, for example: svc.scvmm
- SCVMM user Password
- To scope the SCVMM Integration to a single Cloud, select it from the Cloud dropdown, which populates after establishing communication and authorization over port 5985 using the supplied username and password. To scope to all Clouds, leave the dropdown selection as
- HOST GROUP
- To scope the SCVMM Integration to a single host group, select a host group from the dropdown list. To scope to all host groups, select
- To scope the SCVMM Integration to a single cluster, select a cluster from the dropdown list. To scope to all host groups, select
- LIBRARY SHARE
- Select a Library Share to be used with the cloud integration
- SHARED CONTROLLER
- When creating additional Morpheus clouds that point to an SCVMM host already integrated with this appliance, select the appropriate shared controller value from the dropdown
- WORKING PATH
- Path for Morpheus to write to, for example
- DISK PATH
- Path for Virtual Disks, for example
- HIDE HOST SELECTION FROM USERS
- Prevents host selection from appearing in provisioning wizards
- INVENTORY EXISTING INSTANCES
- Enable for Morpheus to automatically discover existing VMs in the scoped resources
- ENABLE HYPERVISOR CONSOLE
- Enable to use VNC Hypervisor Console for Morpheus console connection as opposed to the default SSH and RDP console connection methods. Requires resolution of all Hyper-V host names and access over port 443 from the Morpheus appliance to Hyper-V hosts.
- Specify a default domain for instances provisioned to this Cloud.
- SCALE PRIORITY
- Only affects Docker Provisioning. Specifies the priority with which an instance will scale into the cloud. A lower priority number means this cloud integration will take scale precedence over other cloud integrations in the group.
- APPLIANCE URL
- Alternate Appliance url for scenarios when the default Appliance URL (configured in admin -> settings) is not reachable or resolvable for Instances provisioned in this cloud. The Appliance URL is used for Agent install and reporting.
- TIME ZONE
- Configures the time zone on provisioned VM’s if necessary.
- DATACENTER ID
- Used for differentiating pricing among multiple datacenters. Leave blank unless prices are properly configured.
- NETWORK MODE
- Unmanaged or select a Network Integration (NSX, ACI etc)
- LOCAL FIREWALL
- On or Off. Enable to managed Host and VM firewall/IP Table rules (linux only)
- SECURITY SERVER
- Security Server setting is for Security Service Integrations such as ACI
- TRUST PROVIDER
- Select Internal (Morpheus) or an existing Trust Provider Integration
- STORAGE MODE
- Single Disk, LVM or Clustered
- BACKUP PROVIDER
- Select Internal Backups (Morpheus) or a Backup Integration
- REPLICATION PROVIDER
- Sets the default Replication Provider for the Cloud. Select an existing Replication Provider Integration
- Enable Guidance recommendations on cloud resources.
- Enable for Morpheus to sync Costing data from the Cloud provider, when available. If your organization utilizes reserved instances and you want to pull in related pricing data, select Costing and Reservations. If this is not relevant, select Costing to save money on additional calls to the AWS Cost Explorer API or similar service for other clouds.
- DNS INTEGRATION
- Records for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected DNS integration.
- SERVICE REGISTRY
- Services for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected Service Registry integration.
- CONFIG MANAGEMENT
- Select a Chef, Salt, Ansible or Puppet integration to be used with this Cloud.
- Select CMDB Integration to automatically update selected CMDB.
- CHANGE MANAGEMENT
- Select an existing Change Management Integration to set on the Cloud. ex: Cherwell
- AGENT INSTALL MODE
- SSH / WINRM: Morpheus will use SSH or WINRM for Agent install.
- Cloud Init / Unattend (when available): (DEFAULT) Morpheus will utilize Cloud-Init or Cloudbase-Init for agent install when provisioning images with Cloud-Init/Cloudbase-Init installed. Morpheus will fall back on SSH or WINRM if cloud-init is not installed on the provisioned image. Morpheus will also add Agent installation to Windows unattend.xml data when performing Guest Customizations or utilizing syspreped images.
- API PROXY
- Set a proxy for outbound communication from the Morpheus Appliance to the Cloud endpoints. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- INSTALL AGENT
- Enable to have Agent Installation on by default for all provisioning into this Cloud. Disable for Agent Installation to be off by default for all provisioning into this Cloud.
- Set a proxy for inbound communication from Instances to the Morpheus Appliance. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- Bypass Proxy for Appliance URL
- Enable to bypass proxy settings (if added) for Morpheus Agent communication to the Appliance URL.
- USER DATA (LINUX)
- Add cloud-init user data. Morpheus 4.1.0 and earlier assumes bash syntax. Morpheus 4.1.1 and later supports all User Data formats. Refer to https://cloudinit.readthedocs.io/en/latest/topics/format.html for more information.
After clicking NEXT, the new Cloud can be added to a Group or configured with additional advanced options.