Add a Xen Server Cloud¶
Infrastructure -> Clouds
Select + CREATE CLOUD, select Xen, and then click Next.
Enter the following into the Create Cloud modal:
Name of the Cloud in Morpheus
Description field for adding notes on the cloud, such as location.
For setting cloud permissions in a multi-tenant environment. Not applicable in single tenant environments.
- API URL
IP or URL of Xen Host. ex: xenserver.domain.com
- CUSTOM PORT
Port for non standard xen server clouds
Xen Host Username
Xen Host Password
- Inventory Existing Instances
If enabled, existing Virtual Machines will be inventoried and appear as unmanaged Virtual Machines in Morpheus .
The Cloud can now be added to a Group or configured with additional Advanced options.
- Specify a default domain for instances provisioned to this Cloud.
- SCALE PRIORITY
- Specifies the priority with which an instance will scale into the cloud. A lower priority number means this cloud integration will take scale precedence over other cloud integrations in the group.
- APPLIANCE URL
- Alternate Appliance url for scenarios when the default Appliance URL (configured in admin -> settings) is not reachable or resolvable for Instances provisioned in this cloud. The Appliance URL is used for Agent install and reporting.
- TIME ZONE
- Configures the time zone on provisioned VM’s if necessary.
- DATACENTER ID
- Used for differentiating pricing among multiple datacenters. Leave blank unless prices are properly configured.
- NETWORK MODE
- Unmanaged or Managed
- SECURITY MODE
Defines if Morpheus will control local firewall of provisioned servers and hosts.
When local firewall management is enabled, Morpheus will automatically set an IP table rule to allow incoming connections on tcp port 22 from the Morpheus Appliance.
- STORAGE MODE
- Single Disk, LVM or Clustered
- Enable Guidance recommendations on cloud resources.
- DNS INTEGRATION
- Records for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected DNS integration.
- SERVICE REGISTRY
- Services for instances provisioned in this cloud will be added to selected Service Registry integration.
- CONFIG MANAGEMENT
- Select a Chef, Salt, Ansible or Puppet integration to be used with this Cloud.
- Select CMDB Integraiton to automatically update selected CMDB.
- AGENT INSTALL MODE
- SSH / WINRM: Morpheus will use SSH or WINRM for Agent install.
- Cloud-Init (when available): Morpheus will utilize Cloud-Init or Cloudbase-Init for agent install when provisioning images with Cloud-Init/Cloudbase-Init installed. Morpheus will fall back on SSH or WINRM if cloud-init is not installed on the provisioned image.
- API PROXY
- Required when a Proxy Server blocks communication between the Morpheus Appliance and the Cloud. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- Required when a Proxy Server blocks communication between an Instance and the Morpheus Appliance. Proxies can be added in the Infrastructure -> Networks -> Proxies tab.
- Bypass Proxy for Appliance URL
- Enable to bypass proxy settings (if added) for Instance Agent communication to the Appliance URL.
- USER DATA (LINUX)
- Add cloud-init user data or scripts. Assumes bash syntax.